FLEX-ESS is MSP’s latest storage solution; it is a modular build and can be rapidly deployed and connected to multiple power inputs in a wide variety of schemes, on or off grid here in the UK and overseas. Due to demand, we are now looking to expand our team with a number of new roles.
If you are interested in any of the current vacancies or would like to talk to us about developing your career with MSP, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a production manager to develop our FLEX-ESS assembly process to integrate into a coordinated and controllable manufacturing process so that products are delivered on time and within budget.
As a production manager, you'll make sure goods and services are produced safely, cost-effectively and on time and that they meet the required quality standards. You’ll be responsible for resourcing and managing the assembly team.
You'll need to:
- Initially, develop and implement a production area at the MSP facility, moving it from a development site to a production line
- plan and draw up a production schedule
- decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate
- select equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance
- set the quality standards
- ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers
- ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times
- ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
- work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- collate and analyse data, putting together production reports for both factory managers and customers
- supervise and motivate a team of workers
- review worker performance and identify training needs.
You will also be involved with product design for production and purchasing.
Salary competitive, qualifications ideally a foundation degree, HND or degree in engineering. Experience in mechanical or electrical fitting and installations will be a significant benefit.
We are looking for an electrical engineer to enhance our research and development department, you'll design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components to required specifications. Your work will focus on:
The electrical equipment that you'll design with be for the development of the FLEX-ESS product and adaptations for market sectors where new applications for the product are discovered and pursued.
You could be involved in projects from the concept stage to detailed design, implementation, testing and handover. You may also work on maintenance programmes, and some international travel might be required.
The work can vary according to the industry and your employer, but typically you'll need to:
- identify customer requirements
- design systems and products
- read design specifications and technical drawings
- research suitable solutions and estimate costs and timescales
- work to standards, including British (BS) and European (EN)
- liaise with others in the design team
- communicate with clients and contractors
- attend meetings on site
- design and conduct tests
- record, analyse and interpret test data
- propose modifications and retest products
- qualify the final product or system
- service and maintain equipment
- prepare product documentation, write reports and give presentations
- monitor a product in use to improve on future design.
Salary is competitive and we are looking for an individual with qualifications ideally a foundation degree, HND or degree in electrical engineering and some relevant work experience especially in the green energy sector.
We are currently recruiting for Electronic Assembly Operatives. Previous experience would be preferable but not essential.
Monday to Friday, ongoing role.
Full training provided.
Successful candidate(s) will be building complex electrical assemblies and therefore the following attributes are required for the role of Electronic Assembly Operative(s):
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Very high level of manual dexterity to handle small electronic and fibre-optic components
- Ability to navigate a PC and operate software packages
- High level of patience
- Very focussed
- Emphasis on high quality
Previous experience working in a Manufacturing Environment with either Electronics, Mechanical Assemblies will be an advantage but is not essential.
Salary is competitive.
We are looking for an office administrator to assist with the operational and day-to-day administrative side of the business. This is a varied role, duties include but are not limited to:-
- Assist in the day to day running of a small engineering office
- Raising enquiries and purchase orders for goods and services required for R&D and production
- Production of weekly operational plans and progress reports for key clients
- Develop a supportive working relationship with the engineering and production team
- CRM data processing, scheduling and system maintenance
- Some small accounting duties
- Good spreadsheet skills and experience in using other integrated systems. Knowledge of Xero would be an advantage
- Basic IT trouble shooting
- Have good communication skills and commercial awareness
- Working to deadlines
- Shows good analytical skills
- Self-motivated and excellent organisational skills
We are considering a full time or part time role for the right candidate and a competitive salary.